Want to know how to choose the right domain name and hosting services? Though it can be difficult, here are the best ways to come to a winning conclusion.
A domain name is what identifies a particular website.
Establishing a catchy domain name is as important as establishing a catchy name for your business.
- Be creative! Don’t rest until you’ve really settled on a name that suits both you and your business.
- If you ever think of a good domain name, buy it! Even if your business isn’t ready to get off the ground it’s very advantageous to have to domain name snapped up.
- As much as possible, use words that are short, easy to remember and easy to type (spell).
What’s the importance of having a unique domain name?
Aside from the fact a domain name needs to be an integral, unforgettable part of your business, your company may come to be known solely by its domain. Purchase a domain for multiple years or set-up an auto-renew program.
If you already have a good domain name in mind, decide where to purchase your web hosting services.
Many companies offer web hosting services but not all are created equally; Only certain service providers will be able to meet the specific needs of your website.
Here are a few things to look for in a hosting company:
- Available Space: How much space does this web hosting company offer?
- Domain Name Selection: Will the web host provide you with the domain of your choice?
- User-friendly: Does the web host offer a user-friend experience?
- Customer Service: Quality customer service from a web host is hugely important if you’re in the early stages of business growth or just simply not very tech savvy . Look for companies with a great track record of helping the customer.
Type of Web Hosting Services
1. Free Hosting
A free hosting services are great if a website is just for fun. Since this website is free, service speeds and connectivity can be big issues. Also, free hosts have a tendency to place unwanted advertisements across your page.
2. Shared Hosting
This literally means that your website shares a server with other website owners. This an attractive option in that it can help keep costs low, but the unwanted consequence is that your website will usually have lag when the other website owners are tapping the servers resources.
3. Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated hosting is the variety typically favored by website owners who want their own web server. This means the website they manage runs at ideal speeds at all times. Keep in mind, if you decide to go with this type of web hosting you’ll usually have to pay for the whole server which is more than a drop in the bucket.
4. Collocated Hosting
The most in-depth of all options, collocated hosting involves purchasing and managing your own server in-house. Generally speaking, this is only advisable for website owners who have working knowledge of how to run a server or the budget necessary to hire a staff to run said server.
How to choose the right service
Now that we’ve discussed domain names, web hosting and the different types of web hosting servers, it is time to decide which service to go with.
It starts by planning out your website in detail.
Why? Because knowing what you want to see in your website defines what services you’ll need.
How do you choose the right web hosting company?
Is it reliable? This web hosting company must have a solid reputation.
Does it have adequate space? Can it meet your storage needs? If it has limited space and you want to upload videos, there are going to be problems.
Also find out if the service includes an uptime guarantee.
What’s an uptime guarantee? A guarantee from the hosting company that your website will be down no more than 43.2 minutes per month.
Finally, don’t forget to ask about the storage bandwidth.
Can the storage solution distribute data to users fast enough?
The world is your potential client, reach out and make contact.